TP Story

torombolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok reefers, not really a story but more of a r u kidding moment. Went to my LFS sor some dry rock and shelfs , so the guy at the store who has given me good advice plenty of times before tells me to use toilet paper for my aquascape, to use the gel TP and more gel between the rocks when they do not fit snugly that this is a new technique being used around.
Well Im an eternal newbie so what do I know, but I would guess the TP would degrade with time making the structure unstable, or leaching what ever to the water column.

Is this a common practice that I have mot seen in forum or YT?. Any advice

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, new technique being used around? You know what this guy is full of?(pardon the pun). Maybe he was drinking. :)

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
torombolo

torombolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a thread about using cotton for aquascaping https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/securing-rocks-with-cotton-wool-glue-and-epoxy-putty.803932/

There are items like cigarette butts that are used in FW planted tank aquascaping. Maybe the LFS wasn't too far off the mark.

Was he also advocating adding Cheetos to the sump?
fish this was an interesting read, maybe not so far fetch what he told me, I would also be worried of degradation over time but I guess if you cover with some IO epoxy

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back