Trachy coral is not doing ok, need advice

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my huge trachy along with other corals are not doing ok after dosing flatworm exit. I did water change and ran carbon and polyfilter after dosing.

The par where the trachy is at is about 100 par or less. Alk was 8.2, salinity at around 1.024/25, phosphate has been high at around .29, ph was about 8.2, ammonia 0, and nitrate by Salifer at around .2-5 and temp at 78.

I have a tank just finished cycled. Just wondering if I should move it to the new tank. If so, I want to dip it with either seachem coral dip or coral rx since I want to eliminate the chance of having any pest from the old tank.

sometimes at night, it’s tentacles are out and I fed it with reef roid and it seems taking it

now if I don’t move it, should I dip or any advice?

478A163C-CA68-4F4C-A103-89A87DD7A1CB.jpeg

Sophisticated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates are way too high, idk about the flatwork exit but what I do know is that alot of corals don't thrive in just cycled in tanks. It could also harm it more

Riphter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing fine but all the while the toxicity is building up. Po4 is a coral toxin at these levels. And yours is high. Cumulative effect over time. If you add gfo don’t drop it all in one go. Do it over days. A rapid drop can cause problems. And don’t bottom it out.

Riphter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In low levels phosphates will harm corals and promote pest algae growth and in high levels they can kill corals! It also restricts the calcium carbonate uptake necessary to enable the coral skeleton to grow.

Snippet from an informative source I use from time to time.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was lowered in the course of months from .90 by lanthanum chloride (phosphate rx).

Riphter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was lowered in the course of months from .90 by lanthanum chloride (phosphate rx).

Keep dropping it. It should be in the .0xx range preferably. I find my coral do ok still in the .1 range but I still consider that a bit warm. Ocean water is on average .07

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back