Trachy dying!

  • Thread starter Thread starter eqbal9947
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eqbal9947

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2022
Messages
634
Reaction score
356
Location
Fort Mcmurray
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I’ve had this Trachy for 2 weeks and it’s been healthy and fluffy l. Today I looked at it and there was a part of it that looked like brown jelly. It came off with the flow of power heads and now it’s exposed skeleton.
My parameters are all normal expect for a swing in DKH last week of about 1 in a 2 day period
3D305B83-AB30-49F5-ABEF-40A0253DEDBA.jpeg
D9B15DEB-19DC-4CDF-80F9-617E86C7BEED.jpeg
0284A134-1F00-4558-84A3-8D23FB2EA765.jpeg
O
 
I have happy acropora, but every trachy I purchased had the same outcome (besides for the brown jelly). I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I currently have 2 that look exactly this yours.

Following.
 
I noticed that my fish (bellus angel, Lamarck, and even naso) are picking at the brain corals. I don’t know if the fish are causing their death, or if the fish are just picking at the already dying flesh?

Parameter wise, I know I’m good. I always had detectable nutrients. Parameters are always within appropriate ranges. I never directly fed mine: maybe that contributed?

Lighting: is it possible I am over-lighting them? I have them at the bottom around 200-250 par at minimum.
 
I noticed that my fish (bellus angel, Lamarck, and even naso) are picking at the brain corals. I don’t know if the fish are causing their death, or if the fish are just picking at the already dying flesh?

Parameter wise, I know I’m good. I always had detectable nutrients. Parameters are always within appropriate ranges. I never directly fed mine: maybe that contributed?

Lighting: is it possible I am over-lighting them? I have them at the bottom around 200-250 par at minimum.
Are you asking about your problem or mine?
 
Are you asking about your problem or mine?
I’m asking about mine. I was just brainstorming/thinking out loud and wondering why this is happening to me as well.

I hope you can get the answer to your question. Sorry if I derailed your thread.
 
I have happy acropora, but every trachy I purchased had the same outcome (besides for the brown jelly). I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I currently have 2 that look exactly this yours.

Following.
Exactly the same.
Everyone happy except the tracs.
Wish I new why only this species I can’t keep long.
 
Exactly the same.
Everyone happy except the tracs.
Wish I new why only this species I can’t keep long.
I feel better that I’m not the only one. I wonder what is causing this.
 
I feel better that I’m not the only one. I wonder what is causing this.
It’s really stumped me for years.
Not a clue.
Tons of sticks, scolds,and LPS, clams, heavily stocked mature DT.
Just tracs, a couple of dozen or so over years.
They don’t die quickly, and they don’t puff at all.
Weird.
Cant change anything when all else good.
Stumped, but open to any ideas.
 
I would dip that trachy. Iodine or KFC dip or cipro dip. They are a tricky coral to maintain. I have 4 large ones currently all over a year old but had one succumb to bacteria infection.
 
I would dip that trachy. Iodine or KFC dip or cipro dip. They are a tricky coral to maintain. I have 4 large ones currently all over a year old but had one succumb to bacteria infection.
If it recedes anymore, its getting a KFC dip.
I put it under an overhang to relax the lights on it, we will see how it goes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new