Trachy on rock?

scotts8826

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2022
Messages
34
Reaction score
11
Location
Kansas City
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Trachy's are generally placed on the sand bed. To compensate for my lower light, I have a smooth rock ledge higher up in my aquarium. Can a Trachy do ok on a smooth rock instead of the sand bed?
 
I know Trachy's are generally placed on the sand bed. To compensate for my lower light, I have a smooth rock ledge higher up in my aquarium. Can a Trachy do ok on a smooth rock instead of the sand bed?
Can't say for sure, but I would imagine they will be ok if they don't get too much flow. They like to fluff up and spread out, so you could always try to cradle it a bit.
 
I can’t see why that would be an issue provided it’s not rubbing on the rock.
 
I know Trachy's are generally placed on the sand bed. To compensate for my lower light, I have a smooth rock ledge higher up in my aquarium. Can a Trachy do ok on a smooth rock instead of the sand bed?
Ive done this with success to alleviate sand getting on it and irritating it but i had it a couple inches up from sandbed
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new