Trachyphilla care and tank mate question

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2019
Messages
3,832
Reaction score
1,795
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can it kept with shrimp? When I first introduced it to my tank, that dang shrimp crawled up on it and appeared that he picked on it for a few times, then walked away.

during feeding time, I have to guard the trachyphilla with a grabber.

I just hate that shrimp, always bother other corals while feeding too.
 
Can it kept with shrimp? When I first introduced it to my tank, that dang shrimp crawled up on it and appeared that he picked on it for a few times, then walked away.

during feeding time, I have to guard the trachyphilla with a grabber.

I just hate that shrimp, always bother other corals while feeding too.

Generally speaking the shrimp will just be picking out the available food and most likely not specifically picking at the coral. I feed different areas of the tank at the same time so that the fish, inverts, and coral all have a chance to eat. The worst case scenario is that the trachy will be stressed from the shrimp harassing it. You could always try to move it. My corals are pretty much used to fish and inverts crawling on them or grabbing food away. The corals had a stress response in the beginning but seem completely comfortable with it now.
 
Generally speaking the shrimp will just be picking out the available food and most likely not specifically picking at the coral. I feed different areas of the tank at the same time so that the fish, inverts, and coral all have a chance to eat. The worst case scenario is that the trachy will be stressed from the shrimp harassing it. You could always try to move it. My corals are pretty much used to fish and inverts crawling on them or grabbing food away. The corals had a stress response in the beginning but seem completely comfortable with it now.
Got you. I will try to catch little ******* this week.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new