Trachyphyllia damage

Rajil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While moving some things around sadly I managed to tear/damage a Trachyphyllia while it was inflated. Its a small tear and seems to still inflate on one side. Will this heal?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While moving some things around sadly I managed to tear/damage a Trachyphyllia while it was inflated. Its a small tear and seems to still inflate on one side. Will this heal?

Do you have a pic please, depending on how the coral reacts over the next day or 2 you could try an Iodine dip?

Dan I

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated before, a picture will help a lot. However, I have some experience with a damaged tracy. I had a butterfly a while back ago destroy one of my tracy until I caught it. It took some time to recover but it healed. I would keep it in a low flow area and let it heal.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically they will heal. I would get some iodine just incase you need to give the coral a bath. Seachem makes a reef dip that's iodine based. Keep an eye out for tissue recession/infection. If you can provide a pic that will help too.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.4%
Back