Trade some salt?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Triggreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
4,955
Reaction score
2,796
Location
East Hampton, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually use red sea regular but it wasn't available. I have about 150g of reef crystals and another 150g of instant ocean. Looking for a trade of anything that mixed with alk in the 8 to 9 dkh range. Just figured I'd put it out there. I'll use it eventually, but rather not. I didn't realize these both mix to a pretty high alk.
 
I knew reef crystals mixes higher than regular io. So I used about half of each to mix a big saltwater batch. It measures at about 12 and changing half my water brought dkh in my tank up to about 9.8.

It should run about 8 in my set up so that's no good.

I guess RC runs about 13 and io runs about 11. I though io was much lower that why I bought it. I was obviously wrong.
 
Last edited:
Salt-mix-comparison.jpg
,
 
I'll be at the ctars meeting tonight if anyone wants to trade anything let me know. Pretty sure all of us need salt. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new