Transfer Issues, Need Ideas.

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay neighbors here is my delema (sp?)
I have a 55 gallon mixed reef witha 19 gallon refugium. The lighting is a brand new ( Thanks Deb) TX5 HO light 5x54watt. It just came off three weeks of screen acclimation!!!
I have a 120 gallon tank witha 55 gallon refugium. The lighting here is 2 Coralife PC fixture 4x65 watt times 2.
I am planning on marring the two tanks together in the 120. I will obviously be using the TX5 light with maybe one of the PC lights.

The two problems I am having are:
1) How should I transfer the 55 to the 120?
Since I only have one TX5 I can not take it and acclimate the Corals in the 120 to the light cause the 55 will miss it. Doing a total move is un reasonable because there is soooooo much in my 55 that I would be aquascaping and placing Corals for two days straight. If I did go this way though then the Corals that are in the 120 now will not be acclimated to the new lighting potentially causing a problem for the corals/fish. I could do the layered screen again but am fearful that my prized pieces from the 55 would be over stressed with the reacclimation to the light and then the acclimation to a new how/ water, flow, location etc.
2)Should I take some water from the 55 to the 120?
When doing a move everyone says always take your water, right. I am worried that the Corals and fish that are in the 55 are well established and have been in there almost two years. Totally removing them form this enviroment could possibly cause some stress.
If I do take some water how much sould I bring?

Thanks ahead of time for all your insight and opinions and ideas.
Thanks you
biggrin.gif

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back