Transporting fish for one day

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m heading upstate to NY to visit a fish shop. They close on sundays and I’ll be leaving Sunday at 12 and getting back at 2. They close regularly at 6 so if I buy Somethjng from there (coral or fish) at 6 before they close, how would I be able to hold onto it so it lives when I get back? I have many boxes from live Aquariua that have shiny lining on the inside and boxes that have styrofoam lined inside. I can also bring a small pump but will this be enough?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, cause when they ship its temp controlled and they put enough pure oxygen in for the fish to keep ammonia down
Understood. I guess this is the most optimal way then. Do fish stores usually fulfill this request? I don’t want to burden them or anything. I’m ok paying a bit more if that’s what it takes to package it like they’re shipping it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’m heading upstate to NY to visit a fish shop. They close on sundays and I’ll be leaving Sunday at 12 and getting back at 2. They close regularly at 6 so if I buy Somethjng from there (coral or fish) at 6 before they close, how would I be able to hold onto it so it lives when I get back? I have many boxes from live Aquariua that have shiny lining on the inside and boxes that have styrofoam lined inside. I can also bring a small pump but will this be enough?
As I have done in the past, run a small tub or your styro with a plastic fish bag liner and plug a power inverter into cigarette lighter socket and run an air pump with air stone during the drive

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back