Treating ick with corals

weldrick208658

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2024
Messages
103
Reaction score
31
Location
quebec canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small outbreak of ick on my soft coral tank and I’m wondering is there any way I can treat it in the tank
 
Typically, no, but I'm not one of the R2R Fish Medic crew members, so maybe one of them can stop by and help you here: #fishmedic.

What I want to suggest is to post some very clear pictures of your fish, use the whitest lighting you have, turning off all your blues. This helps the Fish Medic guys make a solid diagnoses. I would double check with them and make sure Ich is definitely what you have, and then figure out a treatment plan going forward, if necessary.

Good luck here!
 
Unfortunately, there is no effective way to treat ich in a tank with invertebrates.
There are several “reef safe” options, but just about all of them are administered at a dose so low it tends to render them useless against ich as well.
Your best bet really will be to bite the bullet and quarantine your fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new