Treating wood around sump?

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
2,082
Reaction score
2,778
Location
Chelsea, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am installing a basement sump on a short 18" high home made stand. I am also hanging a sheet of plywood on the poured concrete wall behind the sump for PVC hangers, conduit, reactors etc. what should I use to protect those wood surfaces? I've used Kilz in the past and it's held up pretty well. Anyone have other suggestions? I wouldn't mind something with texture (like rubbery if that makes sense)
 
Thompson's water seal or any other deck sealer would probably work fine. I used enamel clear coat on my stand though and it works fine and doesn't allow for water absorption.
 
Wood likes to be able to breathe and have air flowing around it. If you hang it up against the wall, put something behind it so there's an air gap between the wood and the wall.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new