OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with 3 rock islands. I love the way corals with fill in the space between each island and they will look closer as they grow.

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_5293 (002).jpg

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. If you're taking pics with the iPhone, try using the round button on the screen vs the volume button. IIRC, that can cause a formatting issue that non-apple devices don't always recognize.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet set-up!

Just moved to JAX area myself. Coral Logic have been trying to get my tank in for some time from Red Sea but no luck so far :( Seeing this build you have me second guessing myself. Was going to go Red Sea 750 route with Hydras. But this tank looks fantastic! Did you purchase the stand through Coral Logic?

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet set-up!

Just moved to JAX area myself. Coral Logic have been trying to get my tank in for some time from Red Sea but no luck so far :( Seeing this build you have me second guessing myself. Was going to go Red Sea 750 route with Hydras. But this tank looks fantastic! Did you purchase the stand through Coral Logic?

I did order through Coral Logic. It is an R&J Stand and canopy. I almost went with a Red Sea but then decided I wanted something bigger.

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the aquascape.. Allowing the corals to fill in the gaps is the way to go!!

That's what I was thinking. I was about to do an arch on the right side and an island on the left but I decided to do that with the corals as they fill in. I will point the right island acros toward each other to create an arch of color.

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is going well. I am getting a little algae in the sand bed but I am thinking it will go away soon as my PO4 are low and Nitrates are not showing up at all on the test kit.

full tank.jpg

1.jpg

Fish.jpg

Pink Floyd.jpg

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the list of corals I have added.
Corals
Walt Disney
Flux Capacitor
Extreme Pac-Man
01-05-18
Aqua Delight
Pearl Berry
Bubblegum
UC Strawberry Shortcake
Satan’s Beard
Snowing Oranges
GI Jo
Raspberry Lemonade
CB Fun Dip Mille
RR Event Herizon
Fox Flame
Ding Dang Mille
Upscale Microlados
Pink Floyd
RR Wolverine
Bio Reef Banana ****
RR Orange Passion
SC Orange Passion
RR banana Split
Last Dragon
Aqua SD Rainbow Millepora
Green Planet
Top Shelf Thunder Strike

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I do need to bust out the good camera and take nice pictures as the Iphone pics are not looking great. So far the growth in the tank seems good for only having most the acros in the for about 2 months now. All either encrusted over the glue or starting to encrust.

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I went through a strange bacteria bloom where the water was cloudy for a few weeks. Adding filter socks and in time it went away. I think it stressed the corals out a but as some lost a little color.
I had a few problems that first started when I decided to correct my Magnesium. I was around 1100 so I added a lot of Mag Chloride and in the process thought I needed to take out the same amount of salinity that I put in. I took out about 5 gallons of water and added 5 gallons of the mag chloride at the same salinity level.

I checked my tank salinity levels after and everything seemed fine. A week or two later I checked my salinity levels at the fish store and they said it was 1.020-1.021, which came as a shock. I soon learned valuable lesson that I need to buy calibration fluid for my hydrometer and not trust calibrating at 0.

I tried my best to bring us salinity slowly and is now at 1.026. The problem is now my Magnesium and CA are off the charts. My Alk is around 9.8dkh which was previously around 8.5-9dkh.

Since the changes I have has a lot of pale and brown acros. That was all about 4 weeks ago and I am now seeing improvements in polyp extension and am hoping the colors return to normal.

I have turned my CA Reactor way down and off every other day hoping that the levels come down where I like them.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back