0   0   0
Update on the tank.

Tank2018.jpg

twf0369

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still happy with your Glass Cages tank? Reason I’m asking is I’m looking at getting the 72x36x25 within the next couple of months. When you picked your tank up from the delivery truck, how any movers did you need?

Thanks and I’ll be following...

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still happy with your Glass Cages tank? Reason I’m asking is I’m looking at getting the 72x36x25 within the next couple of months. When you picked your tank up from the delivery truck, how any movers did you need?

Thanks and I’ll be following...

I love the tank. I am modifying my overflow box so the water line in the tank is higher but other than that it is solid. If I were to do it again I would have told them to drill the holes for my overflow box.

As I said before I would not buy from them unless I was putting a canopy on it: the rim is not ascetically pleasing.

I brought 2 movers so there was 4 people total. It slid right into the back of my SUV from the moving truck. The hydraulic lift they had was nice.

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7110.JPG

They are doing okay. I think getting the salinity up caused too much change in chemistry and ticked things off.

Still not growing like I want. I’ve turned off my CA reactor since my Alk isn’t really changing and I would like to bring it down a bit. It’s currently around 9.5dkh and I would like it to be around 8dkh.

I am starting to see more polyp extension at the tips which is a good sign. I’ll post some updated pics today.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
its still a pretty new tank, I had problems till my tank was around 10 months old and stuff started to take off when I had great coralline algae growth

twf0369

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the tank. I am modifying my overflow box so the water line in the tank is higher but other than that it is solid. If I were to do it again I would have told them to drill the holes for my overflow box.

As I said before I would not buy from them unless I was putting a canopy on it: the rim is not ascetically pleasing.

I brought 2 movers so there was 4 people total. It slid right into the back of my SUV from the moving truck. The hydraulic lift they had was nice.

Thank you for the response. I plan to build an in wall so the ascetics of the rim won't be important.

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its still a pretty new tank, I had problems till my tank was around 10 months old and stuff started to take off when I had great coralline algae growth

That’s a good point. I can tell it is more stable now that it’s about 6 months old but has a ways to go. Not seeing random cloudy water anymore or strange algae in the sand bed.

No coralline algae yet.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That’s a good point. I can tell it is more stable now that it’s about 6 months old but has a ways to go. Not seeing random cloudy water anymore or strange algae in the sand bed.

No coralline algae yet.

Yup it will continue to get better and I am sure once you start getting the coralline algae growing good, you will notice how much easier everything is to keep stable and how the corals will look better.

Also, did you order the stand and canopy from glass cages too or from someone else? In the next year or so, I plan on upgrading my tank to a 72x48x30 so I am looking at them for building it.

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is an R&J Enterprises Stand. I had it customs build and honestly for the price it is awesome! Super clean and sturdy. I need up adding wood underneath my sump as the wood they has was flimsy but other than that, it’s solid.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It is an R&J Enterprises Stand. I had it customs build and honestly for the price it is awesome! Super clean and sturdy. I need up adding wood underneath my sump as the wood they has was flimsy but other than that, it’s solid.

nice! Same with the canopy too?

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2aa38b482d58cecef42498a298cead8c.jpg

Chaeto Slow growing and PO4 and Nitrates undetectable on Salifert Test kits. I feed about 2 cubes of frozen mysis/plankton, 1 pinch of pellets and some nory each day. I am getting a little cyano in the tank and it makes me wonder what I should do? BRSTV said it could be because of low nitrates. I I will add another cube of frozen/day and see if that helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started adding Nitrates to the tank(20 ml)in the form of Spectricide and I did order some Nitrates from BRS but that gets here next week to replace the stump remover. So far I have gotten it as high as 0.5 Nitrates on a salifert year.

I am getting some more cyano and some nasty brown algae but I’ve heard this should go away as my chaeto algae will remove more PO4 from the water with elevated Nitrates. Below are some pictures.

OP
OP
Trevor40

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4579105398287c0fc4913aa64fb45059.jpg

This millepora looks bleached but still has polyp extension so I hope adding Nitrates helps it color up.

I also stated adding a pinch of Reef Roids and 2ml/day of Reef Energy A/B.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back