Tricolor Clove Polyp Not Opening

  • Thread starter Thread starter MysticSea
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MysticSea

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2019
Messages
398
Reaction score
578
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a recently new colony of this coral and the first two months grew and now some of the polyps won't open. Form those polyps there is a white spot on top of the closed polyps. There are a few small polyps that open but the bigger polyps won't which is concerning for me. I just want to see if others have experienced this with this or similar species?

Water Parameters
pH: 8.4
Calcium: 420 ppm
Magnesium: 1420 ppm
Salinity: 31 ppt

20191028_154902.jpg
 
Try moving it off the sand bed and into more flow.
I moved them higher on a piece of live rock so, I will see if there is any difference? Someone was telling me about ZoaPox??? But when I researched it all the threads we're about Zoa colonies of course.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new