Tridacna Derasa Clam PAR level

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbzdhr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dbzdhr

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
25
Location
Phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello what is the best Tridacna Derasa Clam PAR level range?
 
I would say 200+ to start with, but as long as you're seeing new shell growth, you have enough light. What that actual number is depends on the individual clam. You can't provide too much light, as all clams that we keep are found in very shallow waters and if they're found is slightly deeper water, it's very clear water.
 
I don't know about the best but mine is under 300 par and growing pretty fast.

EDIT: I would lean toward more is better. I could never keep clams until I added more lights and invested in a par meter. Judging par by eye just doesn't cut it for me. I always think it's higher than what it actually is.
 
Mine are doing well in 150, but a higher value will not hurt.
Just avoid putting them from low to very high PAR without acclimatation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new