Trident auto dosing with BRS Hybrid Balling?

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m considering swapping to BRS 2 part hybrid balling method for dosing. The instructions for Part C say to dose at 2x the amount of Alkalinity dose. If I’m using the trident to adjust the Alkalinity dose, is there a way to program one of the Dos head to dose 2x the amount of the alkalinity and have it automatically adjust when trident changes the dose?

All_talk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you should be able to link one DOS pump to the other with a command like this...

If Output [DOS_ALK] = On Then [Profile_PartC]

And given that each of the DOS speeds are about twice as fast as the one below (six speeds: 7, 12, 25, 60, 125, 250 mL/minute), you should be able to run the Part C pump one speed higher than the Alk pump and get pretty close to twice the dose.

The tricking part will be sorting out what speed the Alk pump is running. I don't know how to read the Tdata to know the speed, but watching the two pumps run side by side you should be able to determine when the PartC pump matches the Alk pump then go one speed higher.

This all assumes the controlled dosing of the Alk pump doesn't change speeds (I doubt it would).

Great info on programing the DOS pumps here: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-tutorials-part-9-dos.849/

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back