Trident DOS Help

denverjon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of setting up my Trident and wrongly went into the tasks section and set up the DOS Additive Dosing. A friend pointed it out and helped me correctly set up the Trident Controlled Dosing. I think everything is messed up now because I've set both of them up. I need to delete the DOS AdditiveDosing task but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you don't need to undo the DOS Additive task.

When you run the Trident Controlled Dosing task, it will overwrite any existing programming on the DOS. Just because you already ran the DOS Additive task does not impact this process. The TCD task will overwrite whatever you entered on the Additive task.

OP
OP
D

denverjon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a snapshot of my schedule after I set it up the Trident controlled dosing. I set it up to maintain ALK of 8.6. I dose 165 ml a day of soda ash.

OP
OP
D

denverjon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this look right?

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
D

denverjon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure if there's an issue with the way I set up my dos yesterday but I was expecting my alk to test at 8.6 this morning, which is where I set my dos at. Either I did something wrong or I just don't understand how it works but I haven't gotten close to 8.6 since setting it up yesterday afternoon. It tested at 8.3 at midnight at 8.1 this morning. I dose a 165ml of soda ash per day and It shows that it's dosing 1.5ml - 1.6ml regularly but it's not raising it. Do I need to increase the dosage or do I just not understand how it works?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back