Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

somethinq else

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CA/MAG tests are kind of wonky. I tend to just use the 5 day average for both. The ALK is on point though, which is the most important anyway
My alk hasnt been on point. I've had crazy crazy numbers. So crazy that Neptune has pulled the operating files. I've had continuous problems with mine right out the box. Two days after it was used it was on it's way back to neptune for failure of a internal component. They replaced what ever and since I've had it back...well put it this way. My dr litterally put me on xanax.....no bs

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only place I've seen it in stock was Aquarium Depot which I believe is in Canada for $134. I've been looking around too.

Put myself in for an OOS notification at BRS and got emailed late last week. Good to go!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone happen to know if there is a way to add ‘reagent empty’ alerts via email?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone happen to know if there is a way to add ‘reagent empty’ alerts via email?

Add this line to your EmailAlarm output:

If Error Trident_#_3 Then ON (where # is the AquaBus ID of your Trident)

Any time the Trident has an issue (empty reagent, waste full, testing errors, etc) it will send you an alert indicating the issue. Example:

Statement: Module error on Trident_16_3 (Reagent A)
Date: 2019-08-11 09:00:33 -0700

U

User1

View Badges
Put myself in for an OOS notification at BRS and got emailed late last week. Good to go!

BRS has not been too kind to me or I just have bad luck. Notifications have never come though. I won't bring up their waiting list and the Trident. 10 minutes after it went live and I still haven't been called. Go figure.

The 6 month is such a great deal. I dropped my tests down to the minimum giving me a bit more time to find them.

U

User1

View Badges

Finally found a 6 month reagent in stock today at aquacave. Never head of that place before but the search returned it, they had them in stock, so placed the order. :)

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious - when you say 'wonky' do you mean within the 'standard' range of reading for trident for those elements (i.e. Precision of +_ 15 ppm - meaning if you did 3 tests on 3 identical samples at one time (not more no less) or do you mean the calcium is 460 on test then 500 the next.

One problem with most of these companies - is that they dont explain what the variability from test to test should be (or maybe I have not see them). Either way - its expected that Ca/ ALK etc will vary from test to test. N ot trying to criticise - but what Is your definition of 'wonky'

No, it's not that wild. And actually, after the latest software update, it has been running way more consistently. Before it was going 20ppm up and down, but, if you used the average it was good.

Either way. I think the Trident is one of the best things anyone could buy for a serious hobbyist. Im not talking aobut someone with a nem and 2 clown fish. But someone with a lot of SPS, or heavy mixed tank.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to have the Trident dose automatically split for different day / night time doses when updating outside of the task wizard shown below? I go in and update my base line dosing levels based on the actual levels determined by the Trident controlled dosing every week or so and find it a pain with this activated. It's super easy when not using this option since you just have a single value to update. But, when using the day / night split option you now have to manually update three intervals (and do some calculations) unless you rerun the task wizard the best I can tell. If you update a single value in the control interval like you do in the wizard and have it split automatically that would be great.

1570516557244.png

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to have the Trident dose automatically split for different day / night time doses when updating outside of the task wizard shown below? I go in and update my base line dosing levels based on the actual levels determined by the Trident controlled dosing every week or so and find it a pain with this activated. It's super easy when not using this option since you just have a single value to update. But, when using the day / night split option you now have to manually update three intervals (and do some calculations) unless you rerun the task wizard the best I can tell. If you update a single value in the control interval like you do in the wizard and have it split automatically that would be great.

1570516557244.png
For more intricate dosing schedules, I think using the DOS programming directly is recommended.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For more intricate dosing schedules, I think using the DOS programming directly is recommended.

I don't think you quite followed my question but thanks for trying to help. This is not a matter of complex programming.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I enabled controlled dosing and my calc is still low always tests 390 and I’m trying to keep it at 425 I have that set as my desired number but the trident still isn’t dosing enough? Is there a way to fix this and keep the numbers closer to the target?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I enabled controlled dosing and my calc is still low always tests 390 and I’m trying to keep it at 425 I have that set as my desired number but the trident still isn’t dosing enough? Is there a way to fix this and keep the numbers closer to the target?

Read the instructions- you are first supposed to enter the dosing volume that maintains the parameters you want, and then activate the trident adjusted dosing. In your case, the "set" dosing volume is insufficient.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After following the directions and completing the new change of reagents yesterday I no longer get any test results. The trident makes the noises and shows it’s testing but no results. No error message either. Also it isn’t subtracting test from the amount available. Up until this it had been working flawlessly for 2 months. I did submit a ticket but any suggestions would be helpful. I rebooted my apex, restarted my trident and tried manual tests in addition to scheduled tests. Thanks.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has already been asked, but can you use the controlled dosing to only control alk, from what I have seen my cal is stable, my alk though swings roughly .4 dkh daily and I would like to tighten that up.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has already been asked, but can you use the controlled dosing to only control alk, from what I have seen my cal is stable, my alk though swings roughly .4 alk daily and I would like to tighten that up.
Yes you individually select what you want it to control with the Trident DOS control task.

bonomo53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems that every time i change the reagents my tests are way lower. For example my alk was 7 3days ago when i change the reagent and now its come down each day to 5. I realize that i may need to be calibrated but the refill only comes with one calibration container. Is any one else having this issue?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back