Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure?

Yes, scroll to the bottom for requirements.

uhupong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do i delete a value on alk graph after calibrate Trident?

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time changing all reagents. I followed the instructions of 3 tests, then cal. Process went well, but now it lost its schedule. Did this at 8pm last night, I noticed this am, no 12a, or 6a test.

I went into the configure page and verified the schedule and hit the orange cloud icon, got a successful confirmation. I did a manual test at 10am, worked well. But then at noon- no test.

suggestions?

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is you Mode set to "Manual" instead of "Automatic" by chance?

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gear icon on Trident tile

Screenshot_20191102-162348.png

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@puffy127 - This learning event for me makes me think- If we can put Mode at “manual” what prevents us from just doing 1-2 manual tests a day, and save on reagents?

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@puffy127 - This learning event for me makes me think- If we can put Mode at “manual” what prevents us from just doing 1-2 manual tests a day, and save on reagents?

Good question. I don't know. I suppose you could do that , but I know they warn that the reagents won't be accurate after opened for more than 2 months, which is why they were forcing the minimum number of tests per day.

U

User1

View Badges
Good question. I don't know. I suppose you could do that , but I know they warn that the reagents won't be accurate after opened for more than 2 months, which is why they were forcing the minimum number of tests per day.

This is more or less what I also understand. Personally speaking I set mine to the lowest number of tests per day because, well, being brutally honest it will be more testing than I've ever manually done. Be it a day, week, or month. Upon initial install I used the higher tests per day option but after a week I reduced it. It is a solid product and if you buy the 6 month reagent kit it really is the more affordable option if you are an existing Neptune controller user.

Aside from that I'm willing to bet that they will look at the reagents as more data comes in and they do some analysis. A lot of people say negative things about reagents vs. other systems but one thing I see those people forget is one simple thing. Reagent based testing in this hobby and other fields, to include our childhood chemistry sets, use reagents. This means there are a lot of years behind the process and methods.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Embarrassed to say I never noticed there was a manual/automatic toggle in the menu.

pmiggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove ALK, CAL and MAG entry in log:
so i tested some a friends tank water yesterday with my trident , now i want to remove his log entry from my system ( OCD) how can i do this?!

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the Trident for a while now, I seem to be getting a stockpile of unused Reagent A reagent (2 bottles at this point). Its so weird, I only replace the Reagent A when the machine tells me it's time. Then when I need to replace B and C, reagent A is usually only 1/3 to 1/2 used. It seems along the way the reagents have gotten off kilter for needing replacement. Anyone else find this to have happened 6-8 months in to owning and running the Trident?

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think it would use more reagent if you have high alkalinity and less if you have lower alkalinity (just a guess). What do you keep you Alk at? Maybe they need that much in the bottle for those who keep high Alk. As a side note, I love my Trident. It works great!

brianbigoats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the Trident for a while now, I seem to be getting a stockpile of unused Reagent A reagent (2 bottles at this point). Its so weird, I only replace the Reagent A when the machine tells me it's time. Then when I need to replace B and C, reagent A is usually only 1/3 to 1/2 used. It seems along the way the reagents have gotten off kilter for needing replacement. Anyone else find this to have happened 6-8 months in to owning and running the Trident?

Alicia
I am seeing the same thing I run a few extra Alk test along the way but still end up with extra. I also put fresh reagent A in when ever I change the others because I also use the calibration solution to recalibrate the unit when i switch to a new box of reagents. I have had the unit since it came out

1573845634416.png

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also end up with more unused A than unused B or C; but it’s not quite as dramatic. I’ve had mine almost exactly six months and I’ve been saving any extra reagent. Not for reuse, just to see how it adds up. I have about a third of a bottle each of B and C, and about three quarters of a bottle of A. I’m on my fourth reagent set .... each set lasts me about 6-7 weeks, not quite two months.

PigFarmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sent the ever so frusterating turd of a reefbot back to reef kinetics and got a trident with my refund! never been happier!!

Screenshot_20191115-085955_Samsung Internet.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back