Trident Initialization Issue

vividwrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ticket into Neptune for this issue, but with the holiday on Monday, I don’t expect to hear back for several days.

This morning I emptied my Trident waste container and sent the reset command. I then tried to manually run a test. The test started, but then the trident became disconnected. I tried restarting the Trident. When the Trident restarted the status indicator turned aqua, the solenoids were making a very loud rapid clicking sound, and all of my other Neptune modules showed as disconnected.

After physically disconnecting the Trident the other modules reconnected. None of those modules are connected inline with the trident.

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue may be? I’ve searched, but have come up empty handed.

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First you should hard reset, and make sure firmware is up to date on all modules including the Apex. I had a similar issue where the solenoid valves were going nuts and I was able to solve it by re installing the trident firmware regardless that it was up to date.

OP
OP
V

vividwrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the idea; unfortunately Fusion isn’t even detecting the Trident to try to update firmware/factory reset. I did an advanced service replacement a couple months back, and I think the refurbished unit they sent me was a lemon. Still waiting to hear back from Neptune support to see if they are actually going to do anything about this.

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the idea; unfortunately Fusion isn’t even detecting the Trident to try to update firmware/factory reset. I did an advanced service replacement a couple months back, and I think the refurbished unit they sent me was a lemon. Still waiting to hear back from Neptune support to see if they are actually going to do anything about this.
If it’s not detecting it there could be a problem with the hard connection between the trident and apex. You could try connecting it with an Aquabus cable and powering it with the 12v supply rather than the 1 link cable, or do vise versa. Other than that I would try calling Neptune customer service.

OP
OP
V

vividwrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I tried that too with no luck. Neptune customer service and I were emailing back and forth at the beginning of the week, but they have gone silent since the topic of an RMA came up…

Really appreciate your ideas.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back