Trident: Is this normal

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been struggling with my trident since day 1. I am all but convinced I got a bum unit and all of my attempts at help from Bulk Reef Supply and Neptune have been met with either a 'user error' or 'live with it' emails. Take a look at my Alkalinity and Calcium. I have my unit set up to stop dosing kalkwasser once my alkalinity hits a certain level (which it did at the peak on the right hand side of the graph). What was odd is that my alkalinity dived but my calcium didnt. What could be causing this? I could have swore the general rule of thumb is that a tank will equally consume alkalinity and calcium. Thank you in advance

1664794559374.png

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a specific way in which the Trident has to be calibrated. To start, you cannot trim the waste and sample tubes, if that is the case. They are that length to provide proper back pressure to the unit.

Also, when calibrating, you must put the calibration solution bottle at the same height that the end of the sample tube is normally in your sump or tank. The tubing must be routed similar as well. So, if the end of your sample line is normally 6 inches from the floor, then the calibration solution must be at 6 inches above the floor when calibrating.

Also, make sure to properly prime the sample line (I do it twice) when you first put the sample tube into the calibration solution. After the test is complete, put the sample tube back in the tank/sump and prime the line again.
Hope this helps.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back