Trident leakage

Butcher333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the 1st of January I had moved my trident and a purple liquid rolled out the front of the case from under the drawer. Upon inspection with a high powered flashlight I could see that reagent had somehow leaked. I left the door slightly open and watched as the next test ran to see if I could find the source of the leak. Nothing was currently leaking. From studying the photo I think the part marked with a “1” is likely where the leaking happened. I imagine these pinch off the tubing so only the reagent intended is drawn at the right time. The tubing does not look to be snugged up all the way on either #1 or #2. Would I be able to snug up the tubing into place with a pair of long needle nose or would this tubing be pinched off and unmovable until reagent is being drawn. I’d like to just fix this simple issue without sending it in. What do you think? @NeptunePaul
0EC70207-33D4-4F17-9811-204CF3699CCC.jpeg

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That can get fixed in the field. If you create a support ticket and send us that picture we will setup a call and we would be happy to walk you through how to take the cover off and reattach the hose.

U

User1

View Badges
As noted above it is a really quick fix. Had it happen to me when my intake line was blocked by my marine pure block that started to crumble. Micro or small stuff somehow made it through my filter pad and it was drawn in.

Anyway as noted above you can send in a ticket to support and they can either walk you through it or send you the doc / steps out. It is really easy to do and while there check the others.

Be back in business in no time. Not to mention I'm sure this will be one of the inspection items we do for maintenance once they finish those details. So good practice.

OP
OP
Butcher333

Butcher333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’m pretty good with rebuilding things and maintenance, but this was the “Trident“ for which I didn’t have any experience with and didn’t want to void some warranty. I had watched a YouTube video where some guy had taken his apart and once I saw him remove the cover, I felt pretty confident that was as far as I would need to go to access the area. I stared at the mechanisms that pinch the lines and figured out that by pressing the little button on the front that the line could be pulled through thankfully and I just needed about an 1/8” extra to be able to snug the hoses further onto the center manifold. I needed to replace Reagent A and decided that I would just do it at the same time. I used smooth surfaced forceps as apposed to some needle nose with the teeth because I could easily see the teeth puncturing the line. A little fine tuning to keep the manifold centered and voila.
CF0FCDB9-F9A2-485A-A3E1-C0C2C1FE4331.jpeg

Reagent B and C‘s lines are nice and snugged into place now. I ran an Alk test and discovered I had pinched the sample line putting it back on its stand. Ran another Alk test and good to go. Awesome.
B02D31D5-7976-4029-8892-867E0E55A502.jpeg

Thanks @jonmos75 and @saf1

U

User1

View Badges
Way to go - great job. It really isn't that bad and once Neptune sorts out the maintenance those of us doing it on our own will have to do this. As I noted I had this happen once and that was it. Been perfect ever since.

All the best.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 128 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back