Trident Logo Flashing & Errors ((Video Included))

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...after accidently dosing 200ml within 5 minutes last night by using some crazy programing (fixed now)... Thx to @SuncrestReef ..My Trident went to SH*TZ last night; giving me Bad Cal Error readings today. Several test, calibration and it is still the same. First it reported there wasn't any water coming into the sample tube. Pulled that out and pushed out some orange creamy substance...((YUK BTW)...started another test and bam...this time the CAL reading were below the recommended reading (353)...then another test...yep you guest it BAD CA reading...reached out to the Neptune Folks...they wanted the usual pictures...I did that...but something Odd happened during the full sample test..The ICON/Neptune logo on the Trident was Flashing...not sure what that is all about...First time I ever noticed it...I included a Video for reference

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks like an erratic light rather than blinking. I would pull out the drawer and look inside. Any liquid in there? Are all of the hoses connected to the "star" connector right in the center? perhaps something dripped onto the circuit board.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an erratic light rather than blinking. I would pull out the drawer and look inside. Any liquid in there? Are all of the hoses connected to the "star" connector right in the center? perhaps something dripped onto the circuit board.
Yeah Did all that as you mentioned....but it occurred during the testing...

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE....after the Neptune Technicians Looked at the Video and Images provided...She has to be sent back for further observations....Looks like I will be getting one in return while they work on mine...$99 deposit...

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This exact thing just happened to me. Turns out my waste line was a tiny bit squeezed as it was coming out the back of the trident itself. If pulled to the side the waste line can slip between the orange back piece of the trident and the casing. Bit of a design issue. The whole thing seems very fragile in general actually. So as the waste could not escape through the waste line it came out inside the machine and some electrical components got wet.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back