Trident needle guides

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got my trident 4 months ago I 3d printed and used the needle guides in each of the reagent bottles. When I first printed them I assumed it was to make sure I got all of the reagent out of the bottle, but now that I've replaced the reagents a few times I always throw away a decent amount of reagent, probably about 10% of the bottle. So is there a point to use the needle guides? What are they supposed to do if not help use all of the reagent?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always save the reagent I have left and add it to the next bottle. My understanding is that the needle guides are there to keep the needles straight for drawing reagent.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had always read to dump the remaining reagent and not mix it with the next bottle. Is that just Neptune's way of getting us to buy more reagent? Ok now I'm more curious how many people actually dump the leftover reagent?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had always read to dump the remaining reagent and not mix it with the next bottle. Is that just Neptune's way of getting us to buy more reagent? Ok now I'm more curious how many people actually dump the leftover reagent?
I figure I'm only potentially diluting it by 5-10%, so that's an acceptable margin of error for me. I'm sure it wouldn't break Neptune's heart if I threw it out, but seeing as how the reagent for my various teat kits sits around for months I don't see the harm.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back