Trident not accurate.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apex trident. Was showing some accurate results between that and my apex. However. As i approached 5% the results of mag, calcium started getting inaccurate. I looked it up and some people here said the reason for that its because im approaching low regabt. So i waited till the apex required me to change them so i did. And mag still 1200 instead kf closer to 1400 like salifert. Do i need to calibrate again?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not clear to me what exactly you are asking but if you changed reagents A, B, and C then yes. You would run a calibration task but know it is recommended to wait to do so between 48 and 72 hours after replacement. Instructions below.

In case you are asking why do you have to recalibrate if you changed B and C reagents it is because they will have a different lot number. Neptune includes a calibration solution in each reagent box set for this reason.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know the salifert is accurate?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, but none of these tests are particularly accurate. I’d not worry about 1200 versus 1400. Personally I have not found the trident readings to drift as the reagents approach empty. But as previously noted, you should be calibrating after replacing B/C.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back