Trident not running CAL test!

Roosterjack

Struttin’ and Cluckin’
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My relatively new (2 weeks) Trident has started reporting “0” for the calcium result. The ALK and MAG results are as usual.

What would be the best things to look at to troubleshoot this?

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My relatively new (2 weeks) Trident has started reporting “0” for the calcium result. The ALK and MAG results are as usual.

What would be the best things to look at to troubleshoot this?

Are you sure the reagent line didnt get kinked when you slid the reagent drawer back into the unit? Reagent line or the little metal uptake tube clogged possibly?

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran ok for a while, so doubt the kink, but will verify. I wish it had a more robust self-diagnostic capabilit.

Well it uses the same curvette for all tests, so unless its an issue with the photocell, it has to be reagent related, Im not sure if Neptune uses one different photocell/led for each (3) or one for all with a different scale in the programming for each test.

Id manually request an calcium test when you are next to the unit, listen for the pump stepping when its supposed to be adding reagent to the sample in the curvette. There are four pumps in the back of the Trident if Im not mistaken, one for sample and the other 3 for reagent. Maybe the calcium reagent pump is on the fritz?

OP
OP
Roosterjack

Roosterjack

Struttin’ and Cluckin’
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not 100% sure, but I verified the lines were unkinked and that seemed to do it. I can only surmise the unit got jostled enough to cause a kink two weeks after initial install.

Back