tRiDeNt out of wAcK... CA 848 ppm????

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I followed the task to take down the Trident, which was down for about two weeks. I plugged it back in this past Saturday, and the problems started there...first I get BAD CA/MG Range...then I emailed, Neptune...(still waiting on a response after 2 days)...followed some prompts, after calling Neptune and now this is where I am at...a CA Reading of 848 ppm...:rolleyes:..still trying to see if I would get a follow-up from Neptune...not sure what is going on...(Red Sea manual tests are have MG at 1200 and CA at 325)...

ca_reading.png

|Tom the Bomb|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
neptune hasn't responded yet?
what did neptune say when you called them. I have no clue why it's happening.. try replacing the regeant and restart the whole thing like reconnect to fusion and? restart the power.. I'm no expert so forgive me if im wrong

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
neptune hasn't responded yet?
what did neptune say when you called them. I have no clue why it's happening.. try replacing the reagent and restart the whole thing like reconnect to fusion and? restart the power.. I'm no expert so forgive me if im wrong
Hey Tom...I did all that...Brand New reagents in it...(good sign is the front Trident logo light changed from RED, to Orange) once i placed new reagents in the trident. As for Neptune, on the phone, they say to do a factory restart/reconfigure, a few more test and calibrate...I did everything except the calibration portion...that is next...

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like in my opinion that your sucking air . I had a problem with the reagent A tube assembly. Neptune replaced at no charge

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the line from reagents is kinked it’ll give whacky results too
Also, to add to your point...CLEAN THAT BLACK LINE OUT...it does get blocked...I did that last weekend...some GOLD COLORED GUCK came out...it literally was blocking the water from coming into the TRIDENT from the aquarium.

Travis Wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, to add to your point...CLEAN THAT BLACK LINE OUT...it does get blocked...I did that last weekend...some GOLD COLORED GUCK came out...it literally was blocking the water from coming into the TRIDENT from the aquarium.
How do you clean the line, can it be removed from the trident and flushed?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually all the lines can get blocked....especially after a shutdown. I had to completely disassemble mine and flush all the lines out with a syringe per Neptune which fixed my issues. Simply having dried salt can block some of the tubing. They aren't easy to remove and put back in....takes a small hand and needle nosed pliars.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you clean the line, can it be removed from the trident and flushed?
I removed the black line and since it was rubber....I went from one end to the other for about 15minutes...slowly putting pressure on every inch of the line; pressing any excess guck out...I did that until I got all of it out...Might be an easier way to do it...

20201003_001639.jpg 20201003_001648.jpg 20201003_001625.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back