• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Trident reagents alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a 6 month supply from abc, as much as I wanted it to work out, it didn't. I followed the instructions properly, cleaned my old bottles, and tried both of the calibration fluids and still my test results were wayyy off. Alk went from 8 to 10, cal 450 to 600, mag, 1400 to 1600. Had to go get a new Neptune box from the LFS and got my numbers back in order.
Love the idea behind it, and willing to try again in the future. But not until this is addressed.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a 6 month supply from abc, as much as I wanted it to work out, it didn't. I followed the instructions properly, cleaned my old bottles, and tried both of the calibration fluids and still my test results were wayyy off. Alk went from 8 to 10, cal 450 to 600, mag, 1400 to 1600. Had to go get a new Neptune box from the LFS and got my numbers back in order.
Love the idea behind it, and willing to try again in the future. But not until this is addressed.
After reading this looks like this is already been addressed people are not using the calibration solution it comes with their using their own tank water with the parameters that they measure from their own test kits

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that’s a bummer. It’s been great for me. My only thought is: did you prime the reagent and sample lines before calibration?

and second- maybe the calibration solution label was incorrect? If you try again, test yourself calibration solution by hand and make sure they match the label on the bottle.

but that’s a bummer man, they have been working great for me, sorry you had a bad experience.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BRS is out of stock been couple weeks now. Looks like I might jump ship to abc aswell to try it out and hope it goes well. I have a couple more weeks I can try to wait it out but then have to get somewhere.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have anyone used abc reagents from https://abcreagents.com/ instead of neptune trident’s reagents?

Anyone know the people behind this company or where they are located? We had an individual that was starting such an enterprise, and they made a false account that was pushing their own products under false pretenses in the chem forum. I hope these are not the same folks.

FYI they were banned from REEF2REEF.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know the people behind this company or where they are located? We had an individual that was starting such an enterprise, and they made a false account that was pushing their own products under false pretenses in the chem forum. I hope these are not the same folks.

FYI they were banned from REEF2REEF.
This is where I saw it first:

i believe his name is Jonas, abcreagents.com

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r mods decided to “edit” my original post. Only took a few hours this time.. so disappointing. Only reaffirms my original feelings. Come on mods- do the right thing: restore my post to its original content.
Your post was edited to remove claims that staff is hiding things for companies. It’s untrue and against the rules as is the quoted post.

For the record I dislike Neptune and it’s business very much.

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t want to get into this with you but this is a bunch of b.s. No car manufacturer designs their car to start breaking after three years this is completely ridiculous for you to even make the statement. My guess is you where a car salesman
Finance Manager. Sold warranties and have them on ALL my cars. Stuff breaks down. You should check out Telegrahms YouTube channel to see how cheaply built a lot of these electronics are. Even a lower standard than the automotive industry. Nice try tho! haha...

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your post was edited to remove claims that staff is hiding things for companies. It’s untrue and against the rules as is the quoted post.

For the record I dislike Neptune and it’s business very much.
So you edited it again- and all I said was it was edited. And you removed that . But the site posts it at bottom of my post saying it’s edited but if I say it’s edited (and not repeat what was originally edited) that gets edited too . So petty. But I guess this is “treating people like you want to be treated” in real time…

I intentionally did not repeat what was edited because I was disappointed but still being respectful but now tou openly say I said things that I did not.

and for the record I never said staff is hiding things for companies. It wasn’t even you who originally edited it, it was daniel. I said r2r shifted from a hobbyists fourm to more of a corporate interests first kind of fourm. And that was edited out. I got the private message from Daniel- I replied and no response.

but it’s fine - you do you boo boo

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh snap.
I would NEVER support that company with my business. Ethics and integrity mean more to me than saving money.
You watched that hour + long in 16 min?
Just curious- I didn’t see unethical or no integrity: may I ask how your came up with that conclusion?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is where I saw it first:

i believe his name is Jonas, abcreagents.com

Oh snap.
I would not support that company with my business. Ethics and integrity mean more to me than saving money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back