Trident Reagents

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been trying to get refills for a bit now. Every place is out of the 6 month version, I ordered it from one site before Christmas but apparently it wasn't really in stock so after realizing it wasn't coming I finally found and ordered the 2 month version (which is also sold out most places). It is supposed to be here Friday (it's already in St. Louis so I kind of bet it will be here Thursday). But today it tells me Reagent C is out (still says 5% if I check the tiles). Do I need to go through the shutdown procedure? Or can I leave it as is til Thursday/Friday?

Thanks.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be able to squeeze one or two more days of tests out of the remaining reagent if you reset reagent C under the Trident settings. Worst case, if it truly runs out it will likely report Test C Fail. Once your replacement reagents arrive, just run the Trident Reagent Replacement task.

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks. I probably hosed myself. I wasn't aware there was a reset inside the trident settings so I went through the reagent replacement task which primes the lines and probably wasted a bunch.

The 6 month reagent kit is proving harder for me to obtain than the trident itself was...but lesson learned on not waiting as long...

wrasse man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It baffles me how they can’t even stock the reagent. Those of us fortunate enough to have one almost routinely face the fact of having a $600 paperweight because you can’t ever find reagent. And only being able to buy a 2 month supply at the jacked up price compared to the 6 month, is nothing short of price gouging.

CollectOyster04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater Aquarium has been kind to me. After stumbling on a thread back in November stating that the Tridents were in stock, I was able to scoop one up. Reading about the shortage of reagents, I signed up on the email notification for the six month supply about two weeks ago. Friday morning I was notified it being in stock and was able to order it. Thankful I won't have to worry about it for a bit. Hopefully the situation will be different before I need to order again.

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you order directly from Neptune? You can get 2 - 2 month shipped direct. They were very fast on shipping too.

I didn’t. I had been looking for a while for the 6month because that’s so much cheaper. I actually ordered it from one site before Christmas but apparently they didn’t actually have it in stock despite allowing me to order it. I have accounts already on several sites so I’d prefer to order from the ones I already have than create a new account so I did manage to find the 2 month on a site I already have an account with and the shipping is fast. I just didn’t know I was going to need it since I thought I had the 6 month one coming. They’ve taken my payment but then later updated the site to out of stock and that they’ve got more coming...

Saltwater Aquarium has been kind to me. After stumbling on a thread back in November stating that the Tridents were in stock, I was able to scoop one up. Reading about the shortage of reagents, I signed up on the email notification for the six month supply about two weeks ago. Friday morning I was notified it being in stock and was able to order it. Thankful I won't have to worry about it for a bit. Hopefully the situation will be different before I need to order again.

I signed up for the same notifications but I didn’t get one or if have ordered it. Hopefully the 2 month supply I ordered shows up tomorrow and before it’s used up the 6 month supply I’ve already paid for shows up...

jerrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the six month supply from this site the other day. Only place I could find with any in stock. Supposed to get here next week.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the six month supply from this site the other day. Only place I could find with any in stock. Supposed to get here next week.

He is an excellent Ecotech distributor :)

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t. I had been looking for a while for the 6month because that’s so much cheaper. I actually ordered it from one site before Christmas but apparently they didn’t actually have it in stock despite allowing me to order it. I have accounts already on several sites so I’d prefer to order from the ones I already have than create a new account so I did manage to find the 2 month on a site I already have an account with and the shipping is fast. I just didn’t know I was going to need it since I thought I had the 6 month one coming. They’ve taken my payment but then later updated the site to out of stock and that they’ve got more coming...

I signed up for the same notifications but I didn’t get one or if have ordered it. Hopefully the 2 month supply I ordered shows up tomorrow and before it’s used up the 6 month supply I’ve already paid for shows up...

Yes I have had similar problems with vendors taking orders without having it available for shipment. I would like to get the 6 month also but haven't had luck yet. I am signed up on a couple sites where I requested notification but for some reason I never got any :( At least can get it direct from Neptune fairly quickly without issue when needed while I continue to look for the 6 month. Hoping they eventually have enough production that it's less of an issue in the future! I do love the product though.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The $99 six month set is hard to find. I finally found one, but in the interim had to order a two month set from Neptune.

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah there is no 6 month from them. I bought everything I could find from the main .com retailers then got one from Neptune. Your right, it’s not cheap doing it that way but I do have my 6 months worth!

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - the reagent shortage is puzzling. The supply of tridents is limited by their production, but they ought to be able to reasonably predict the amount of reagents needed based on the number of tridents sold. Unlike the tridents which I understand undergo final assembly/QC by hand, the reagents should just be a bulk order from their supplier.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - the reagent shortage is puzzling. The supply of tridents is limited by their production, but they ought to be able to reasonably predict the amount of reagents needed based on the number of tridents sold. Unlike the tridents which I understand undergo final assembly/QC by hand, the reagents should just be a bulk order from their supplier.
Yeah, why I bought the 2-month pack before even finding a Trident. Almost bought a 6-month but was worried they might go bad before I use them. Rather someone else get them and use them than I waste them, or the money.

U

User1

View Badges

I can't speak for Neptune but I'd wager they are trying to analyse reagent shelf life and trending volume. At least that is what I would be doing. I do not recall how long a properly kept reagent box is good for but I'm guessing 1 year at least. My suggestion is when you open that last box start shopping around for the next 6 month supply. This is what I do and haven't had any issues. Usually within a couple days I find them somewhere.

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I know is, I didn't spend $600 on this device so that I could use it for 2 months. Having a 2 month supply available at a higher cost than 6 months is basically insulting. If it goes bad, they need to setup a monthly or bi-monthly billing plan and auto ship your reagents out so you have it in time. Mine is sitting unusable for 2 weeks now. Half of the sites, including their own, say that you can select and order but upon checkout you are notified that it is out of stock. Highly frustrating to not be able to get hands on this stuff easily and even more of a punch in the face that the per month cost of using this device is more if you have to order 2 months at a time.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I know is, I didn't spend $600 on this device so that I could use it for 2 months. Having a 2 month supply available at a higher cost than 6 months is basically insulting. If it goes bad, they need to setup a monthly or bi-monthly billing plan and auto ship your reagents out so you have it in time. Mine is sitting unusable for 2 weeks now. Half of the sites, including their own, say that you can select and order but upon checkout you are notified that it is out of stock. Highly frustrating to not be able to get hands on this stuff easily and even more of a punch in the face that the per month cost of using this device is more if you have to order 2 months at a time.

Neptunes site has never been out of stock of the 2 month supply, to my knowledge. They settled that rumor a while ago on the Facebook page. There isn’t a true shortage of reagents, enough to take anyone’s unit down. They just don’t have enough yet for people to hoard 6+ months.

Back