Trident test results are not adding up. Time to clean?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dead_goby
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dead_goby

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2021
Messages
44
Reaction score
13
Location
51534
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Trident is showing me confusing results.

I have already changed reagents and calibrated. I cleaned the curvet about a year ago.

I really would prefer not to disassemble it again if it can be avoided.

I am thinking about running vinegar or critic acid through it a few times. Can anyone say if this is a terrible idea?
 
My Trident is showing me confusing results.

I have already changed reagents and calibrated. I cleaned the curvet about a year ago.

I really would prefer not to disassemble it again if it can be avoided.

I am thinking about running vinegar or critic acid through it a few times. Can anyone say if this is a terrible idea?
I would advise against using any type of cleaning agent. It may be time to pick up a Trident service kit. The tubing does wear out and needs regular replacement.
https://www.neptunesystems.com/tridentservice/diy-trident-service-kit/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new