Trident Testing Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Addonnis242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had an issue with their Trident where every other test cycle it will come back with TEST B FAILED? I'm fed up with trying to solve this with Neptune Systems tech support, as I'm getting nowhere with them.

My issue started with a NO WATER SAMPLE ERROR, I couldn't get that solved so I sent the unit in for the Send & Service and when I get it back every other test registers TEST B FAILED. They have me go through the trouble shooting then test it and it TEST B FAILS out of the gate and they have the nerve to tell me that CA and MG aren't tested 4 times a day! I know that and that's not the issue, the dang test is failing the question is why only every other CA and MG test. Hopefully someone on here can help because I can't with this thing anymore.

I swear I feel like Will Smith in IRobot because Neptune Systems **** just keeps malfunctioning around me. One month old SKY failed and had to be swapped out, one week old COR20 controller failed and needed swapped out, new Trident malfunctioning out of the box, then continues to malfunction after it's been serviced by Neptune Systems. Either I'm extremely unlucky or Neptune Systems quality has truly gone in the tank!

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had an issue with their Trident where every other test cycle it will come back with TEST B FAILED? I'm fed up with trying to solve this with Neptune Systems tech support, as I'm getting nowhere with them.

My issue started with a NO WATER SAMPLE ERROR, I couldn't get that solved so I sent the unit in for the Send & Service and when I get it back every other test registers TEST B FAILED. They have me go through the trouble shooting then test it and it TEST B FAILS out of the gate and they have the nerve to tell me that CA and MG aren't tested 4 times a day! I know that and that's not the issue, the dang test is failing the question is why only every other CA and MG test. Hopefully someone on here can help because I can't with this thing anymore.

I swear I feel like Will Smith in IRobot because Neptune Systems **** just keeps malfunctioning around me. One month old SKY failed and had to be swapped out, one week old COR20 controller failed and needed swapped out, new Trident malfunctioning out of the box, then continues to malfunction after it's been serviced by Neptune Systems. Either I'm extremely unlucky or Neptune Systems quality has truly gone in the tank!
The only times I have ever had test failed errors is either when sample line was clogged or regents to low and sucking air.
the other possibility is your actual peramiters are outside the range for trident to read them.
I have solved this issue by performing a calibration procedure seeing that it calibrated properly and then the next test drops down very low. It turned out to be my calcium was only 250 due to auto water change system malfunction only pulling water and not adding proper saltwater back so auto top off kept lowering salinity which caused this

OP
OP
A

Addonnis242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having been thoroughly stress out with the fact that I don't think I was being understood when explaining the problem we have a solution. Neptune Systems Support has decided to replace the Trident. Now based on my recent experiences with the SKY, Trident, and the COR20 I do still feel that the quality of the gear isn't as good a before. That said I will likely still buy MXM when released and any other gear they release that suits my needs.

Also the fact that when you submit a support ticket you can end up working with 10 different techs before the ticket is closed makes the support process super frustrating. During the Trident issue I did the same troubleshooting multiple times. They told me you can request a single tech be assigned to the ticket but was told it would take longer to resolve. Ultimately it still took two weeks bouncing through multiple techs so honestly if I would have asked for single tech it may have taken as long or longer but I may not have gotten so frustrated.

Anyway Neptune Systems is solving the issue however it doesn't really shed any light on why the Trident would TEST B FAILED on every other test ran.

OP
OP
A

Addonnis242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is pretty much comical at this point. So I send my Trident in for service because I get no water sample error right out of the box. When I get it back the Trident tests but every other CAL/MAG test comes up TEST B FAILED. Go round and round with Neptune Systems for a couple weeks troubleshooting it and eventually I'm told over the phone that I'd be sent a "NEW" Trident. Get the "NEW" Trident which turns out to be a refurbished unit, ok whatever if it works who cares right? Install the "NOT NEW" Trident, let it initialize all seems well, manually run a Combined Test guess what TEST B FAILED right out of the gate. Wait a bit, rearrange the reagent bottle in the tray and manually run another combined test. GUESS WHAT......TEST B FAILED.

At this point screw this thing and the entire service process.

Looking for advice on which would be a better purchase the Mastertronic or the Reefbot because the Trident is an absolute piece of garbage.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back