Trident unplugged

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing some cord maintenance and need to unplug the 1 Link cable on my Trident, to run it behind my equipment board.
is the whole shutdown procedure necessary or can I unplug for about 1 minute and plug back in without causing an issue? TIA

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just unplug it. The Shutdown task is only needed if you intend to have the Trident offline for more than 72 hours.

Be aware it will run through the whole Initialization process for about 30 minutes after reconnecting it. This will sound like it's running a full set of tests, but it will not log any results until the next scheduled test.

OP
OP
Adele

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just unplug it. The Shutdown task is only needed if you intend to have the Trident offline for more than 72 hours.

Be aware it will run through the whole Initialization process for about 30 minutes after reconnecting it. This will sound like it's running a full set of tests, but it will not log any results until the next scheduled test.
Thank you! Didn’t want to do anything hasty.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back