Trident users do you still manually test?

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those w/ trident or any sort of automatic water testing, do you still test manually w/ a hanna or something like that every now and then?

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not as often as I should. Manually test po4 and no3 every few days. Every time my Hanna has been .02 higher

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I try to at least test every week or so with my Hanna to compare.

Tompickles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to test alk once a week, before the trident it was daily but I do now test nitrate and phosphate at least twice a week which is way more than I used to

OP
OP
S

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow so even w/ trident it sounds like most people are still testing as if they didn't have the trident. i test alk every day and then everything else once a week w/o a trident on my system

Rouxdog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately my trident levels have varied from my hanna and other tests by as much as 20%. Not sure which values to believe.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to test alk daily with a Hanna and once a week with salifert. Nitrates and phosphates every day or two. Calcium and magnesium once a week. Now with the Trident I do alk with another method about once a week, calcium and mag about once a month and nitrates and phosphates about the same.. every day or two.

I have found that the Hanna and other kits do vary a bit from the Trident but as long as the Trident numbers are fairly consistent I don't care. Same for the other kits. If the numbers are roughly what they were previously that's fine. I enter them into Apex Fusion and I also write them down so I can compare with previous numbers and which kit I was using.

Overall I test much less frequently and spend quite a bit less time testing with non Trident kits.

jccaclimber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was bad about testing almost everything before. I now test phos. and nitrate every couple weeks, more if I see something unexpected. Alk I sanity check every now and then.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back