Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

devolver02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I impulse bought a trident from BRS. I went to hook it up this morning and come to find out it won't work with my Apex Classic. does anybody know what I need to get to make this work for me?

looks like I have the old apex. does anybody want to sell me a Apex Wifi brain?

Last edited:

jradishness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zero experience with Neptune systems, but on RNN, Peter always mentions it must be a 2016 or newer Apex to work with Trident. Maybe that’s the issue?

wkd4b11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Requires Neptune Apex or ApexEL with an open 1Link OR a 24V Power and Aquabus cable"

Taken from BulkReefSupply
Needs to be the new 2016+ model of Neptune Apex

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought mine new after 2016 but it is the old model not the new one. maybe I need the new model?

Yes, one of the newer plastic models with WiFi. None of the metal units (JR, Classic, lite, etc) have the hardware required.

jdadole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for a wifi brain myself. but I think they sell those brand new too. I'm too cheap to buy a new apex brain... lol

OP
OP
D

devolver02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for a wifi brain myself. but I think they sell those brand new too. I'm too cheap to buy a new apex brain... lol
yeah I see BRS has them for $399. seems like a bit much to do everything my current Apex does except Wifi....

coralina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tridents sales are like 'Live' coral sales recently...if you see something good you want you don't hesitate or it will be gone, you just buy it. No time afforded to read the details.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought mine new after 2016 but it is the old model not the new one. maybe I need the new model?
The 2016 Apex brain is required, the older models are said to not have the computing power needed. You could buy just the head unit new or watch the "for sale" forum for people listing the from breakdowns. The used look to go FAST from what I see looking at the Equip FS and many were the full kit so probably still looking close to the price of new head only. Buying the new head would at least give you some warranty to go with it.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do
LAMO. So true, so true
Don't worry, I was planning to keep it simple with my new tank and grabbed an Apex EL BRS version for less than $200 from a local. Now, $1,300 later, I have an EB832, a Trident and a DOS. ;Facepalm I feel your pain!

OP
OP
D

devolver02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do

Don't worry, I was planning to keep it simple with my new tank and grabbed an Apex EL BRS version for less than $200 from a local. Now, $1,300 later, I have an EB832, a Trident and a DOS. ;Facepalm I feel your pain!
so the EL will control the trident?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back