OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! Love your tank! I'm also from the PNW. (Maple Valley to be exact.) I am currently trying to finish up putting together my first ever tank. Yours is very inspirational.

Thanks and good luck with your new addiction.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure is. I only spent about 15 minutes making it. 45 if you count glue drying time.

NC2WA

Angelfish Whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this pictures do not compare to seeing in person..I've seen the tank in person and OMG, jaw dropping color...

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very very nice Duane, suppose I'll have to make one myself now before I forget any of my recently learned camera skills...lol

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a few more top downs tonight to make up for the ones my camera didn't save yesterday.
march 2 shopped-6872.jpg
march 2 shopped-6876.jpg
march 2 shopped-6879.jpg
march 2 shopped-6882.jpg
march 2 shopped-6885.jpg

march 2 shopped-6872.jpg

march 2 shopped-6876.jpg

march 2 shopped-6879.jpg

march 2 shopped-6882.jpg

march 2 shopped-6885.jpg

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I like taking pictures of the tank far more than I like working on it. :) I need to take another FTS. I can't believe how much some of my corals have grown in the last two months.

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shots and some really nice stuff. I gotta come up and check this out!

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the way that highlighter stag or slimer looks over the purple pocci and that nice blue clam! Nice shots!

It's a "growing like a weed Green Slimer". I tend to keep one end of my tank more colorful because it's closer to where my wife sits.

TruRacr314x said:
Awesome tank trido! Love the videos, pics and the great DIY projects you've done!

Thanks I've done quite a few DIY's over the years. Kalk mixers, Ca reactors, Tanks, and the list goes on. I like to buy my equipment for the most part now days.

stylaster said:
Great shots and some really nice stuff. I gotta come up and check this out!

Any time you're this far north let me know. I'll try to whip up a tank tour for you.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
March FTS. My corals are really starting to gain some momentum over the last few months.

MarchFTS-7213.jpg

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! Don't you love it when everything starts just taking off?!

I sure do. All my SPS are loving my set up this time around. Most of my zoa's that I'm hoping to get going are not liking my super clean water.

skinz78 said:
I've gotta come see this tank some day..

Ive been threatening to have a North Sound Reefers meeting here. I'd call it a PSAS meeting but would be afraid of 60 people showing up.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had another large store credit yesterday and added a few more fish since I dont have much more room for corals. SPS anyhow. I added two zoa colonies that caught my eye. Green Bay Packers and King Midas. For fish I added two orange spot sand sifter gobies, a flame angel (crossing my fingers that its not a coral nipper) and two Wrasses. One is a solar wrasse from the LFS and the other is a misc. Fairy Wrasse I picked up at Petco for $20 while getting dog food.

Its always stressful to watch the introduction dynamics for the first day....

My Kole Tang is the only fish that really seems to dislike the flame angel and the Saphire Damsels are picking on the Gobies and wrasses. The Fairy wrasse is making a good effort to establish some ground but its very small. The Solar wrasse is struggling very hard to even pop out for a second before the larger wrasses in the tank chase it back under the frog spawn. Unfortunately for that wrasse, the frogspawn is in the "feeding" end of the tank and is desirable territory for all the established fish.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, on another note. I also treated my tank for Red Bugs yesterday. I can already tell that my Loripes and Lokani are having better polyp extension. They are about the only corals that showed the effects of red bug. That and my macro photography.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back