OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone... Its a work in progress for sure. I spent about 15 hours over two days in the last month cleaning the support system. The frag racks are clean, the aptasia garden in the LPS tank (sump compartment) are gone and a lot of detritious was cleaned out of everywhere I could reach.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I cant be a MACNA, I took some pictures.

Tony (1 of 1).jpg

Iphone2.jpg

iphone5.jpg

IMG_5698.jpg

IMG_5706.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, Terrence Fugazzi and Marc Levenson both claim its the largest one they've ever seen. I mention them, because they've seen quite a lot of tanks.

Of course. Both well known and we'll traveled reefing vets.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the weather up there? I spent two years at ft.lewis in the army. Fell in love with Seattle. My brother lived up there around Puyallup for twenty years. I would fly up to see him every once and a while.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the weather up there? I spent two years at ft.lewis in the army. Fell in love with Seattle. My brother lived up there around Puyallup for twenty years. I would fly up to see him every once and a while.
Its actually been kind of an "old normal" August and surprisingly its raining tonight. Good for salmon fishing!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smoked salmon, oh boy! Love it.

Use to go to Ivars all the time when up there. Of course it's much like capt D's here. Fast food.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've lost the large Cali tort in the center of my display tank and a few other colonies of SPS, LPS and softies lately. I was running two algea reactors and am pretty sure I stripped to much PO4 out of the system along with my ozone generator being down and my Calcium reactor intake plugging up a few times. I created the perfect storm for brown jelly to take off and attack the most stressed or finicky corals. Mo
IMG_9747.jpg
IMG_9760.jpg
IMG_9827.jpg
IMG_9755.jpg
IMG_9809.jpg
st of the system is fine though and rebounding after some hours of TLC and removing the sick dying corals.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard about your "crash". Not nearly as bad as I expected by the pictures you've provided. Glad the system is recovering!
I thought it was going to get worse. The blue Formosa was very pale and the red dragon STNed on a couple branches. I lost five SPS colonies, parts of others, the two paly colonies melted away and a few LPS also went. I'm most bummed about a chalice that I've had for six years. Nothing amazing, but it was a slow grower and now there is a big hole in the tank where it should be.

I've been running ozone 24/7 for over a week and that is helping a lot.

denierlexiese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trido, do you have tips for changing the LED emitters more quickly? How long does it take to replace all the LEDS on one black box? Have you tried a heat gun to the back, or any other strategy to remove the LEDS quicker. Thank you!!!

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trido, do you have tips for changing the LED emitters more quickly? How long does it take to replace all the LEDS on one black box? Have you tried a heat gun to the back, or any other strategy to remove the LEDS quicker. Thank you!!!
I use a 50w solder gun to remove the emitters. After practice, I can have one whole channel rebuilt in about 45 minutes including removal and remounting over the tank. Once you do one, it gets easier.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back