OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing is getting out of control. Its almost time to chop it all down.
IMG_9946.jpg
IMG_9951.jpg
IMG_9958.jpg

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow! I am getting back into this after having a 90g before moving from Oregon, now trying to get a little 29g going and planning a big tank for 2020. I was missing some of the PNWMAS people since they're more around PDX and I find out that there's this amazing 210g that must be VERY nearby if your location here is accurate...inspiring!

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...so much change! You grow those so well, I hope to have such healthy corals some day!

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...so much change! You grow those so well, I hope to have such healthy corals some day!
@melev gives me a hard time for doing this kind of tear down. I've been doing it every two to three years since I started in 2005 and it keeps me excited about corals. I've definitely gotten better at growing them over the years and its all from forums like this, and friends in the hobby to bounce ideas off of. It's a passion of mine that few others I know have.

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's the first fact I learned when I first heard your name, it was his video about when you came to cut out that Monti and shadowcaster (and everything else).
I might target something in between your systems if I ever grow them that well, I figure it's like a garden and should stay richly populated (melev) but pruned (yours).

Nice to know such an accomplished reefer is nearby! In just getting my little 29g going, and hoping to out in a 180 next year as a remodel finishes

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing shots BTW. What camera are you using? I recently got more into photography and have a Sony alpha R74 mirrorless camera. I am super impressed with your photos. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing shots BTW. What camera are you using? I recently got more into photography and have a Sony alpha R74 mirrorless camera. I am super impressed with your photos. Thanks in advance!
These pictures were taken with a Canon 4Ti with a Canon 90mm Macro Lens.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?
Its starting to fill back in. Things have been running pretty smoothly all year. I have some nuicance algae growing in the grow tanks, but nothing a little bit of time and energy wont take care of.
January2020 (2 of 3).jpg
January2020 (1 of 3).jpg
January2020 (3 of 3).jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its starting to fill back in. Things have been running pretty smoothly all year. I have some nuicance algae growing in the grow tanks, but nothing a little bit of time and energy wont take care of.
January2020 (2 of 3).jpg
January2020 (1 of 3).jpg
January2020 (3 of 3).jpg

Looks good Duane!

Capital J

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming some of these stags shared rock with other acros, after you removed the stags how did you address (remove) what was left over/encrusted on the rocks?

Thanks!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back