Trido's 210 In-wall

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The reef system is doing great despite my lack of work on it lately. I’ve recently added more WAV pumps for a total of ten on the system. My old, and new Gyre pumps were slowly dying and I like the WAV pumps better for ease of programming and cleaning. Plus no special module or third party app to control them for tank maintenance. Today I’m working on a repair from a leaky bulkhead I replaced last summer. After 15 years we’re moving away from the grey paint to a brown of my wife’s liking. This is the perfect time for special projects.

E16D122B-0144-4302-93D7-55110811FD78.jpeg
Looks great!!

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef system is doing great despite my lack of work on it lately. I’ve recently added more WAV pumps for a total of ten on the system. My old, and new Gyre pumps were slowly dying and I like the WAV pumps better for ease of programming and cleaning. Plus no special module or third party app to control them for tank maintenance. Today I’m working on a repair from a leaky bulkhead I replaced last summer. After 15 years we’re moving away from the grey paint to a brown of my wife’s liking. This is the perfect time for special projects.

I am considering some Wav's myself. I have read some mixed reviews regarding the lifespan of them. How do you like them? How long have you had them working for you?

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering some Wav's myself. I have read some mixed reviews regarding the lifespan of them. How do you like them? How long have you had them working for you?
My oldest pair is three years old. When I clean them the magnets and shafts don't look any different than the newer ones. A couple pairs were picked up used and are about two years old. Also fine. I clean them pretty routinely. A quick dip and run in muriatic acid and then a quick dip in bleach to kill the algae

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple current pictures. I shrank down the hot pink (cotton candy) coral in the very center and also cut the two large torts in half that are just below and to the left of it in order to keep some symmetry to the growth of everything. The strawberry shortcake on the right that is nearly the highest coral in the tank is starting to grow over most of its surrounding corals. I'm trying to decide whether to let it keep growing or to trim it down to half its size. Traditionally, frags from this strawberry shortcake dont survive for me so I'm leery of cutting it.
untitled (1 of 3).jpg
untitled (3 of 3).jpg
untitled (2 of 3).jpg

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ran across your post regarding flow in peninsula tanks and the photo of your beautiful tank led me to your build thread.
Thank you for sharing!

I have a 4 month old peninsula and struggling with moving debris out. (2 mp40s and 1 gyre). Do you have 10 WAVs on the DT or in total? I see you may have 2 on each end. Any advice on placement and programs you run?

Thanks so much!

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran across your post regarding flow in peninsula tanks and the photo of your beautiful tank led me to your build thread.
Thank you for sharing!

I have a 4 month old peninsula and struggling with moving debris out. (2 mp40s and 1 gyre). Do you have 10 WAVs on the DT or in total? I see you may have 2 on each end. Any advice on placement and programs you run?

Thanks so much!
I have four WAVs in the display tank and others in the grow tanks. AS far as removing detritous in the peninsula. I try to keep the water surface mostly pushing toward the overflow end of the tank and I keep my powerheads clean for maximum flow. I routinely stir up the sand bed to help flush detritous out of the tank into the skimmer and filter socks.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! things have changed quite a bit since March of 2020. Ive had a lot of coral death and also a lot of coral growth. Such is the cycle of life.. Ive been busy with other hobbies so havent taken and shared very many quility pictures anywhere.

IMG_0854 (2).jpg IMG_0866 (2).jpg IMG_0864 (2).jpg IMG_0876 (2).jpg

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! things have changed quite a bit since March of 2020. Ive had a lot of coral death and also a lot of coral growth. Such is the cycle of life.. Ive been busy with other hobbies so havent taken and shared very many quility pictures anywhere.

IMG_0854 (2).jpg IMG_0866 (2).jpg IMG_0864 (2).jpg IMG_0876 (2).jpg
Stunning tank!
Would you update us on your weekly maintenance and any new equipment investments?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back