TRIGGER FISH REEF SAFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amit Kumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What trigger fish can i put in my 30 gallon long soon to be a reef tank?

OP
OP
Amit Kumar

Amit Kumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 gallon long tanks. Still too small and I already thought of that but thats out of the question. Also one that is friendly and don't grow that big. Are pinktails reef safe?

OP
OP
Amit Kumar

Amit Kumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 3 days away from its first week so I still got a week left for a water change. After that I'm going to add some clean up crews and let them do their jobs, then next week get a clownfish or a chromis or damsel?

OP
OP
Amit Kumar

Amit Kumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's why I'm trying to get a very not aggressive trigger fish and small. Huma and picasso are out of the question. A Niger wouldn't grow in my tank, even if it did... oh lord. I'm stuck between a pinktail, those don't grow that big are something else I'm not sure what tho.

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's why I'm trying to get a very not aggressive trigger fish and small. Huma and picasso are out of the question. A Niger wouldn't grow in my tank, even if it did... oh lord. I'm stuck between a pinktail, those don't grow that big are something else I'm not sure what tho.

I think what we are saying is, do not put any trigger in a 30 gallon. It's cruel. I had a pair of blue throats in a 90 gallon I used to have and they were small, but you could still see they needed more room.

ReeferJohn408

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Niger & Humu were the ones I had issues with. But every fish is different. It's the behavioral patterns are bit similar.

OP
OP
Amit Kumar

Amit Kumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thanks for the replies guys. I pay this picasso tigger fish around 2 inches at the fish store that all their saltwater fishes are in 30 gallon longs. Just wanted something to pop? And ideas?

PapaDragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What trigger fish can i put in my 30 gallon long soon to be a reef tank?

I'm not sure if you're just missing some of the replies to your question, but you absolutely shouldn't put a trigger in a 30g tank for an extended period of time. It is not being a responsible aquarist. If you do a quick Google search you can find some beautiful fish that would be happy in your tank. I use liveaquaria.com to get a good idea of appropriate tank sizes for specific fish.

Look at this link for trigger information:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+44

OP
OP
Amit Kumar

Amit Kumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not getting a trigger lst thing I would wanna do is stress them. I'm getting a smaller naso tang and yellow tang and a regal tang with 2 clownfish xD.

lauderdalestunner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI & IMO Tangs like some space to swim and they grow. They also have issues getting along with other tangs.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is too small for all these fish. You can have maybe 3 medium sized fish no more, I'm not gonna go all tang police, but putting any tang in a 30 gallon is cruel, same goes for triggers. No Large angel belong sin a tank that size either. You need to research these fish, and their requirements. You can't just pick out a fish you think is pretty and put it in any kind of tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back