Trigger fish

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you add a niger and Picasso trigger in the same tank? Also does time when introduced matter if it is possible? I hear nigers are more peaceful

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can, I have a Clown, Assasi, Pinktail, Niger and Picasso, Nigers are more aggressive than Huma's. With triggers lots of rock for chilling out, sleeping quarters, etc... helps out with them getting along as well as keeping them well fed.
Here's a pic and vid of mine interacting with each other and the other fish.

20210224_155511.jpg

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently 90g, being replaced with a 180g as soon as I can find the time, energy and uneasiness of doing the transfer as its going where the current one is so its gonna be a project, and the main thing to have no or minimal corals affected negatively. Although the fish really are more important to me (reason for larger tank) but keeping them fine for the transfer is easy compared to the changes that might affect certain corals.

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently 90g, being replaced with a 180g as soon as I can find the time, energy and uneasiness of doing the transfer as its going where the current one is so its gonna be a project, and the main thing to have no or minimal corals affected negatively. Although the fish really are more important to me (reason for larger tank) but keeping them fine for the transfer is easy compared to the changes that might affect certain corals.
Understood, nice tank and fish!!!

kingjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you add a niger and Picasso trigger in the same tank? Also does time when introduced matter if it is possible? I hear nigers are more peaceful
They should be fine. I had a Picasso and a Sargassum together for a long time in a 75 gallon with no issues. Order of introduction shouldn't matter, so long as there's plenty of hiding places and they get a good carnivore diet; my Picasso loved fresh grocery store clams.

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be fine. I had a Picasso and a Sargassum together for a long time in a 75 gallon with no issues. Order of introduction shouldn't matter, so long as there's plenty of hiding places and they get a good carnivore diet; my Picasso loved fresh grocery store clams.
Thanks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back