Trigger sump media cups

Scott Schimmel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got tired of changing filter socks on my trigger sump and since the sump has oval openings standard media cup would fit so I designed and printed my own.

53299200-2EE5-41DB-BD22-16E57B3A77C8.jpeg

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you would be willing to share the cad file? I have been asking my daughter to do this and keep getting it wrong.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking to sell any?
I ended up making one. Roughly a 3 inch by 4 inch oval cup with wings. The only issue i had was that 'lips' to stop it from falling through. I have a little ender 3d. As such, i just printed two 'tabs' and superglued them on. Not exactly the best looking thing..but it does the job.

Shortben09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, yeah I'd be very interested. How tall are they? Do you take pp? and is it petg or safe material? I'd need a total of 3 preferably or at least 2 which is what I run now, but water leaks past the sides. this will create a better seal correct?

wmscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, yeah I'd be very interested. How tall are they? Do you take pp? and is it petg or safe material? I'd need a total of 3 preferably or at least 2 which is what I run now, but water leaks past the sides. this will create a better seal correct?
They are 6" tall and printed in reef-safe PETG, Colors will vary based on filament availability. All cups are printed to order and normally shipped with USPS Priority Mail. If you DM your zip code and the qty you want I can send over a PP invoice. As for better sealing, I don't have personally have any issues with them and have received no complaints on past sales.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are 6" tall and printed in reef-safe PETG, Colors will vary based on filament availability. All cups are printed to order and normally shipped with USPS Priority Mail. If you DM your zip code and the qty you want I can send over a PP invoice. As for better sealing, I don't have personally have any issues with them and have received no complaints on past sales.
Any chance your willing to share the file?

Shortben09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the capabilities of making them any taller? Say 8" tall? as long as they make a better seal then what I've got. I've scoured quite a bit and this is the best lead I've found so far for those oval holes, is just having someone print cups or an acrylic baffle to hold round cups.

wmscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the capabilities of making them any taller? Say 8" tall? as long as they make a better seal then what I've got. I've scoured quite a bit and this is the best lead I've found so far for those oval holes, is just having someone print cups or an acrylic baffle to hold round cups.
I can print them taller but in my testing the taller design did not improve their
I can print them taller however in my testing there was no performance advantage with the 8 inch version versus the 6 inch version.

Shortben09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh okay I gotya. I guess I just liked the idea of being able to hold more bio media and filter floss in them. but yes either way I am interested. we will be on vacation all next week, but I would like to set this up and maybe be able to install after we get back.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 164 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back