Triggerfish with Claim? Possible?

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a blue throat trigger sitting in my QT tank for the past 3 weeks and about to move him to the DT. However, at the fish store today I discovered an electric claim that is about the coolest thing I've ever seen. What are the odds that my Blue Throat and him would get along. From what I've read some have had success and others haven't. Do you think it would be worth the chance?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean the Electric Flame Scallop? They're amazing but very very hard to keep for any length of time, even if not harassed by fish.
I don't know if your trigger would bother it but it certainly seems plausible that it would try to eat it.

OP
OP
Andrew Schubert

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean the Electric Flame Scallop? They're amazing but very very hard to keep for any length of time, even if not harassed by fish.
I don't know if your trigger would bother it but it certainly seems plausible that it would try to eat it.
Yeah, thanks. After more reading, I think your right. He would be way to hard to keep healthy even if he's not eaten. But man, what an awesome specimen.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 51 44.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back