Trim or let it be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Squadir
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Squadir

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2015
Messages
384
Reaction score
125
Location
Trinidad, W.I.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have a green slimer frag that has taken off and some of its branches are heading towards two Milli frags, actually one branch is really close right now. I regret putting those frags so close but I was running out of real estate lol... :eek:
My question is should I cut them back or should I just let them be to do their thing? I don't want to damage the millis as they have recently started coloring up nicely and sending out branches of their own.
Will the slimer eventually turn away once it has touched the milli possibly just damaging that one little area or will it do serious damage if left unchecked?
 
i don't think the slimer will harm your mille but the other way around.. it's better to trim it (slimer) to give the mille more room to expand.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new