Trim

tmzire99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help finding someone who sells aquarium trim. I found one place online that sells trim but they don’t make the size I need. Length of tank is—— outside length is 60-1/4 inches and the outside width is 18-1/4 inches. My center brace is broken (THE TANK IS EMPTY AT THE MOMENT).

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank is using a one piece plastec molded trim with integral cross brace I would either contact the manufacterer to get the whole piece or silicone in a glass brace.

OP
OP
T

tmzire99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank is using a one piece plastec molded trim with integral cross brace I would either contact the manufacterer to get the whole piece or silicone in a glass brace.
Don’t know who the manufacturer is. Tank was given to me.

PlumbTuckered

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help finding someone who sells aquarium trim. I found one place online that sells trim but they don’t make the size I need. Length of tank is—— outside length is 60-1/4 inches and the outside width is 18-1/4 inches. My center brace is broken (THE TANK IS EMPTY AT THE MOMENT).

So you need trim for an empty tank. I fail to see the emergency.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could spend some time going to shops to figure out the manufactererr but that's probably more time than the tank is work. That center divider is structural so be sure to fix it before adding water. You can get a glass shop to cut a 1/2" piece of glass just slightly shorter than the inside width between side and use silicone #1. Expect a glass cross piece to be about 4" - 5" wide unless you want to pay a lot ot have a narrower piece cut to 2" or 3" wide. Be sure to clean the inside glass surfaces well befor esiliconing.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back