Trimming pandora zoanthid

Europa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pandora zoanthid coral in my tank that is growing on top of another zoa. I would like to trim it, so it doesn't grow over the other coral. Any special tips on how to do that?

Brad Waddell Wrath's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you can take the rock out it will have it easier. Put on gloves and goggles just in case, cut underwater. If you have some bone cutters, use those to break of parts of the rock. Really easy.

Miguel Negron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take precaution and have the correct safety materials. But I seen good instructional videos on YouTube by bahama llama

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of the points above me are good ones. Try not to maul the Pandora’s as they will release palytoxin. Injecting with kalk paste, aptasia X, etc is a good way to do it since you won’t really be able to tell the difference between your Pandora’s and the other zoas after they’re all closed up and out of the water. If you can, sacrificing a few of your more desirable zoas in order to completely clear the area of the Pandora’s is best. :) good luck!

OP
OP
Europa

Europa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you can take the rock out it will have it easier. Put on gloves and goggles just in case, cut underwater. If you have some bone cutters, use those to break of parts of the rock. Really easy.
I can’t really take the rock out of the water because the Pandora is spreading over three rocks. That would be difficult. So I can’t cut them inside the tank?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 50 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.7%
Back