Trip down memory lane (aka garage cleanout)

clm65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been taking advantage of the extra at-home time by trying to clean out and organize my garage better. Today I came across an old storage container filled with aquarium equipment I haven’t seen or used in years. I’m pretty bad at getting rid of my old stuff, but that is about to change. My question is, is any of his stuff still useful to anyone? I’d say most of it is at least 15 years old. So before I give it the old heave ho, let me know if it’s all crap at this point, or if someone can actually use it. (Note: I’m not looking to sell this stuff, but if someone wants to take it versus me kicking it to the curb, I’d be more than happy with that).

Here is a list of what I have:
-Rainbow Lifegard fluidized bed filter
-Marineland Magnum 350 convertible canister filter w/ two biowheel returns and hob overflow box
-Aqua Medic Mininitratereductor
-Aquanetics 15IL UV
-Turboflotor skimmer with Aqua Medic Ocean Runner 2500 needle wheel pump

ECD20995-C67D-4C05-AFF7-AB53468C896A.jpeg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, most of it isn't worth too much. Especially if the buyer has to pay shipping. But for local buyers in a club or craigslist, you could get something for some of it. I happen to like the Aqua Medic Turbofloator skimmer. I had a bigger one on a 600g system I had and I loved it.

So where about in Florida are you? Send a PM if you want.

OP
OP
C

clm65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, most of it isn't worth too much. Especially if the buyer has to pay shipping. But for local buyers in a club or craigslist, you could get something for some of it. I happen to like the Aqua Medic Turbofloator skimmer. I had a bigger one on a 600g system I had and I loved it.

So where about in Florida are you? Send a PM if you want.
I'm in Crystal River. I'm really not looking to get anything for this stuff, I just hate throwing anything away if someone has a use for it. But since most of it is fairly large, shipping could be a hassle. And I'm not even sure what the working condition is for any of it.

I may test the canister filter and try using it for cleaning out the sump if it still works. But the other stuff will need to go. I'll probably keep it all in the container for a couple more weeks in case someone stumbles on this thread and wants something. After that, to the trash it goes....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back