Triple TDS meter

DonDadda

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Orange County
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening, I was wondering if anyone has experienced false readings with an inline Triple TDS meter. If so, is there a way to get it to read the TDS correctly? I recently purchased a new Triple TDS meter along with new filters from BRS. I removed all the old filters, installed and flushed the new ones and installed the new Triple TDS meter but have not installed the DI Resins. Line 1 is after the RO membranes and reads 6, Line 2 is after the empty Cat and An resin canisters and reads 6, Line 3 is after the last empty Mixed DI canister and reads 0. Shouldn’t it be reading 6 through all 3 lines ?
 
Yeah, I think it doesn’t really matter if it’s a dual or triple meter. The numbers should be consistent all the way through if there’s no DI resin in the canisters.
 
Hey all, I found the problem and wanted to share the solution just in case anyone else goes through the same thing. So after many days of trouble shooting with no luck I decided to remove the TDS meter and start a return. I started by removing Line 3 which was the Line that kept reading 0. Once removed I took a look inside to see if the probes were aligned correctly and that's when I noticed that the probes were not visible. I either didn't push the probe in all the way or I pulled it out during the installation. I pushed the probe all the way in, made sure it was aligned correctly, installed it and voila it started reading the TDS. There you have it, it was that simple. Make sure the probe is pushed in all the way and that it's aligned correctly.
 
This may help regarding how the probes should be aligned:
Proper Probe Alignment.png

DM1, DM2, SM1, TRM3: https://www.buckeyehydro.com/in-line-1/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new