Triple TDS meter

DonDadda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening, I was wondering if anyone has experienced false readings with an inline Triple TDS meter. If so, is there a way to get it to read the TDS correctly? I recently purchased a new Triple TDS meter along with new filters from BRS. I removed all the old filters, installed and flushed the new ones and installed the new Triple TDS meter but have not installed the DI Resins. Line 1 is after the RO membranes and reads 6, Line 2 is after the empty Cat and An resin canisters and reads 6, Line 3 is after the last empty Mixed DI canister and reads 0. Shouldn’t it be reading 6 through all 3 lines ?

OP
OP
D

DonDadda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I think it doesn’t really matter if it’s a dual or triple meter. The numbers should be consistent all the way through if there’s no DI resin in the canisters.

OP
OP
D

DonDadda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I found the problem and wanted to share the solution just in case anyone else goes through the same thing. So after many days of trouble shooting with no luck I decided to remove the TDS meter and start a return. I started by removing Line 3 which was the Line that kept reading 0. Once removed I took a look inside to see if the probes were aligned correctly and that's when I noticed that the probes were not visible. I either didn't push the probe in all the way or I pulled it out during the installation. I pushed the probe all the way in, made sure it was aligned correctly, installed it and voila it started reading the TDS. There you have it, it was that simple. Make sure the probe is pushed in all the way and that it's aligned correctly.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may help regarding how the probes should be aligned:
Proper Probe Alignment.png

DM1, DM2, SM1, TRM3: https://www.buckeyehydro.com/in-line-1/

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 152 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%

Back