Tripod and Remote Release Recommendations-Rebel XSi?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Acroholic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
827
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
Got the Canon XSi and Canon 100 mm f2.8 Macro lens coming, but need recs on a decent tripod and remote release. I don't want/need the absolute best, just decent equipment that will do the job.

B & H has nine pages of tripods and there are several remote releases available, so I am confused as to what I need for decent coral pics.

Thank you for your help.
Dave
 
Try these. I'm a big fan of Bogen/Manfrotto products for their durability without costing a fortune. I always suggest a ball head with a removable plate. No reason not to get the Canon remote release since it will not be that expensive and will hold up.
Gary

Tripod legs:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tto_190XPROB_190XPROB_Tripod_Legs_Black_.html

Tripod head:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/272989-REG/Bogen_Manfrotto_488RC0_488RC0_Midi_Ball_Head.html

Remote release:
Canon RS-60E3 Remote Switch
 
I agree with Gary, Bogen/Manfrotto are excellent brands. I have also had good luck with slik, I have had the same tripod from them for about 10 years now, and it has its quirks, but I only paid a little over a hundred dollars for it.

Here is another option:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/131427-REG/Slik_615_315_700DX_Pro_Tripod.html

Oh, get the Canon release, it is the best of the options. Or, as an option to a cable release, use the self timer and add the money you would have spent on the release to get a better model tripod.
 
Tripod and remote release purchased. Won't get it till after B & H reopens after the holidays.
Dave
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new