Tripp-Lite Eco-Surge powerstrip

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a new build and bought these power strips because I like having individual switches for each outlet, but these outlet strips have an eco “green” power saver control to each outlet that I can’t really figure out what it does. Just curious if anyone else has used these power strips? Do they affect GFCI in any adverse way?

699D5E6D-F1BA-4D8C-AFC2-AAD062147D43.jpeg

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're very nice and they won't give you any problems unless you ended up with a lemon. I wouldn't put them in the sump area though, they will rust internally (all of them will, no electronics should be in the sump area)

OP
OP
LMDAVE

LMDAVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just making sure the outlet wouldn’t go into a power save mode with important equipment plugged In.

About power strips in sump area, that’s kind of a bummer. This is a 5 ft wide stand I built, my sump will be 36 inches on the other side. I plan to have cabinet vented. The power strips are plastic but i know you are referring to interior electronics. Would a divider wall between the sump and outlet area help? I wasn’t planning on doing that but can come up with something

dhof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a new build and bought these power strips because I like having individual switches for each outlet, but these outlet strips have an eco “green” power saver control to each outlet that I can’t really figure out what it does. Just curious if anyone else has used these power strips? Do they affect GFCI in any adverse way?

699D5E6D-F1BA-4D8C-AFC2-AAD062147D43.jpeg
I've used 2 of those exact same switches for over 6 months and never had any issue with my GFCI at the wallplate tripping.

Here's the amazon link: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B075NZLYB7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Where it states " It’s a green solution for your bottom line and the environment with an energy-saving outlet configuration that reduces waste (and costs) by cutting power to devices not in use."

So, I think the "Eco" wording really does just speak to the ability to turn off outlets that aren't in use.

For what it's worth, I did place individual GFCIs on higher failure rate items. Trying to prevent the entire wallplate from tripping if only 1 piece of equipment has a failure. I bought a few of these for heaters/pumps/etc. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UOU6OVU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back